On your journey to make a project, you must pickup many new skills, such as:
- Website creation
- 3D modeling and printing
- DIY-style arts and crafts
- Wearables (electronics sewn into clothing)
- Video Game creation
Here are some resources to help you get started. If you don’t know something, come to a meeting and ask!
Companies Selling Electronic Parts / Kits
- Adafruit (also has some resources for learning)
- Sparkfun (also has some resources for learning)
- Element 14 (also has a learning center)
- Arduino (What is it?)
- Kiwi Crate - Get sent a monthly box of materials with instructions.
- YouTube - Many different channels on all aspects of learning
- Hackaday - Interesting things people have made
- diy.org - Online badges/activities. (Kid friendly)
- CoderDojo Resources - Links for getting started in various programming languages
- Code Combat - Learn coding while playing a game (Kid friendly)
Image Credit: SLUB Presse2015.